- The Best Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Reviews (Updated 2021)
- Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Buyers Guide – Buying and Maintaining Your Lake Float
- Features to Look for When Buying a Floating Chair or Lounger
- Maintenance Tips for Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes
- Best Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Comparison Chart
- Frequently Asked Questions
Spring is fast approaching, and you might be getting ready for your next trip to the lake. One of the most popular items to bring along is a floating chair or lounger since they allow you to lazily drift along the lake’s surface while spending time with loved ones.
The market is flooded with various designs and deals, making it challenging to shop without a guide. See this list of the best floating chairs and loungers for lakes to quickly determine which is best for you.
(You might also be interested in reading our article on Best Floating Pool Chairs)
The Best Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Reviews (Updated 2021)
Among the thousands of inflatable water accessories, these products stood the test of time and proved themselves reliable under various environmental conditions. Below are some of the best floating chairs and loungers you have to choose from.
This Kelsyus chaise lounger is the ideal lake float for anyone planning a lazy day on the water. The soft fabric will conform to your body as you lay back, ensuring maximum comfort while you sunbathe and enjoy the sounds of shifting water around you.
The fabric lining on most of the lounger is accompanied by mesh on the seat, ensuring optimal aeration as you sit. This feature also prevents moisture from getting stuck in the material, protecting your lounger against bacterial growth and mildew.
It also features an integrated backrest that will keep you upright yet slightly reclined for the perfect balance of rest and alertness. This is great for those who want to sip on some drinks as they drift through the water. Once you’re done, you can store your beverage in the cup holder while you kick your feet up on the integrated ottoman.
This lounger also features a patented inner spring around the outer edge. This enhances the float’s stability, so you won’t have to worry about tipping over and falling into the water with your snacks and drinks.
When you’re ready to head back home, the Kelsyus Chaise easily folds into three compact circles for easy storage and maximum portability.
- Supports up to 250 lbs
- Side tether clips ensure you don’t drift off too far from your boat or your party
- It easily folds into a compact, portable carry bag
- Soft, breathable fabric alleviates moisture buildup and prevents mildew
- Mesh material is not very durable and gets dirty easily
- Long periods of exposure to sunlight quickly degrades the fabric
This multi-purpose hammock is overwhelmingly adored by tens of thousands of customers – and for good reason! This is a 4-in-1 design, providing incomparable versatility in such a simple configuration.
Lake-goers can use this lounger as a simple floating chair for relaxation or stretch across its full-length to use it as a hammock. If you’re more health-conscious and are up for a more active day on the water, Aqua encourages you to use the product as an exercise saddle, too. With this, you can perform your light aerobics routine while comfortably suspended in the water.
Don’t fuss if you’re the more relaxed type, though. If you’re not interested in laying back and sunbathing or exercising, you can still chill on this float, using it as a drifter instead. Lean forward on one of the inflated ends and let the hammock carry you gently through the water.
The hammock is washable, so you can ensure your hygiene and the float’s longevity before and after use. When you’re done using it and are on your way back home from the lake, remove the inflatable pillows, fold it up, and toss it in your tote bag to bring it home for cleaning.
(We also have our top pickups of Best Inflatable Hammocks)
- Can accommodate lake-goers ranging from 4-6′ tall
- 4-in-1 design allows its use as a floating chair, hammock, exercise saddle, or drifter
- Easy to use for seniors and expectant mothers since the seat is underwater
- Washable fabric makes for easy maintenance
- Taller users may not be comfortable, as it’s a bit short
- It may be difficult to get onto if there is any turbulence in the water
This Aqua lounger is ideal for those who want to feel like they’re lying in the lap of luxury on vacation. It’s quite large (70″ x 36″), providing ample resting space for those who want to stretch their arms and legs as they sunbathe on the water.
The large UPF50 canopy provides just enough privacy to keep you calm and blissful in your own little world. At the same time, it allows enough exposure to the outside world to keep you present and connected to your loved ones enjoying the lake alongside you.
You’ll never have to worry about overheating, sweating, or generally getting sticky and gross on this lounger (a common annoyance of sunbathing on many inflatable water chairs). The soft, ultra-deluxe fabric is paired with a cool weave poly-knit fabric for ultimate breathability. This material dries quickly and prevents moisture buildup, which ultimately prevents mildew, too.
Plus, you don’t have to sacrifice functionality for comfort. This lounger’s material is 20% thicker than most floating chairs on the market, maximizing its durability. It includes one rope handle on each side and utilizes fast duolock valves, guaranteeing air retention and easy inflation and deflation.
- Supports up to 300 lbs
- The sunshade is rated UPF50
- Highly durable and buoyant thanks to 20% thicker material than most floating loungers
- Duolock valves ensure air retention and ease inflation and deflation
- Fabric may not last very long
- Reports of the lounger being too short for relatively tall users
FindUWill crafted a simple yet effective lake floating chair design in this multi-purpose hammock. This hammock allows you to relax while submerged, preventing you from having to repeatedly adjust to the water’s temperature as you climb on and off your lounger.
The FindUWill hammock is surprisingly strong for such a simple configuration. Although it weighs only 2.5 lbs, it can support swimmers weighing up to 265 lbs. (Please keep in mind that, even if you weigh less than this, only one person can safely use the hammock at once.)
To maximize your safety, each inflatable portion of the lounger (the header pillow and footer pillow) operates on its own airbag. This ensures that if either end can no longer hold air, one can retain its buoyancy and get you back to land.
Finally, each end of the header and footer pillows is secured by an elastic string, preventing the airbag from slipping out while you float. So, you can sit back and let the water carry you without a worry about your hammock’s structural integrity.
- Very lightweight and easily portable
- It has a high weight capacity at 265 lbs
- The secure yet simple design ensures buoyancy even if one pillow deflates
- It can be used by a wide age range (please supervise children in water at all times)
- The mesh material can feel abrasive on sensitive skin
- Not very long, so it may be uncomfortable for taller lake-goers
Intex prioritized safety and comfort in this heavy-duty recliner’s design. It is encased in 18-gauge vinyl, meaning it boasts 43 mils or ~0.043″ in thickness. This is quite close to the minimum thickness of a vinyl pool liner (20-gauge), making this a core component of the chair’s durability.
The backrest is angled perfectly to keep you upright enough to enjoy your drinks and snacks while also facilitating a leisurely recline. Beside you, there are two cup holders, perfect for keeping you refreshed when out on the water, without the need for a cooler or multiple trips back to the sand.
Intex also wanted to maximize swimmers’ safety when using this floating recliner. So, they integrated two separate air chambers and included a repair patch with the product package to quickly resolve any sudden air leaks.
While you’re floating on the water, keep a grip on the two integrated handles to ensure you don’t accidentally slip into the lake.
Whether you’re tall or short, or you want to lay back and nap or chill upright for snacks and drinks, this Intex heavy-duty floating recliner is perfect for a relaxing, carefree day on the water.
- Customers over 200 lbs have attested to this recliner’s ability to accommodate people of all shapes and sizes
- Includes two separate air chambers and a repair patch for maximum safety
- The backrest is perfectly angled to keep you upright without compromising a relaxing recline with outstretched legs
- 18-gauge vinyl material provides unmatched durability
- It may be difficult for users to get on and off of
- The majority of the raft is dark-colored, meaning they heat up quite quickly under the sun and can potentially burn your arms and legs
Intex designed this floating chair for lakes, specifically for adults. It’s 60″ x 39″, great for keeping most swimmers comfortable with their bottoms and legs dipped into the water.
This Intex inflatable chair is perfect for those who want to sit upright while enjoying their time in the water, as opposed to laying flat out on their backs.
This is clear in the unique configuration, which includes two armrests, a seat that sits lower in the water, cradling the bottom half of the body. Finally, the backrest keeps you propped up in the perfect position to sip on your drinks and enjoy the sunshine simultaneously.
This floating chair features two separate air chambers to maximize safety. In case one begins to deflate, you’ll still have enough air to stay above water and make your way back to shore. There is also a repair patch to temporarily resolve the issue, allowing you to finish your day at the lake instead of ending things early to fix any unexpected air leaks.
To guarantee your safety while the floating chair is in use, each armrest features a handle, helping to keep you seated in place, even in watercrafts’ wakes.
- Plastic material is very easy to clean
- Features 2 built-in cup holders
- 2 air chambers and a repair patch for maximum safety
- Independently tested to ensure safety against toxicity and harmful substances
- Typically only last one year
- Several reports of the bottom seat coming detached
This extra-large floating recliner is both comfortable and durable. These are the only floats on the market that feature a fabric covering, complemented by an inner spring, the major component of the float’s stability.
Even on the hottest of days, you can enjoy maximum comfort, thanks to the mesh material. This facilitates airflow and helps prevent unwanted moisture buildup, inhibiting harmful bacteria and mildew.
The SwimWays Spring Float’s design prioritizes your comfort and safety above all else. Kick back and relax your entire body, from head to toe, using the headrest and backrest – crafted to keep you upright while you lounge in the water – and the integrated ottoman.
Do you plan to enjoy some beverages and a snack on the water? That’s no problem for the Spring Float. It’s complete with a cup holder to keep your drinks secure, so you don’t have to float back to shore for a quick sip.
When you’re ready to call it a day, grab hold of the secure handles and pull it safely and effortlessly back to shore. It folds quickly and easily, so you can store it with no hassle and have it ready for your next trip to the lake.
- Mesh seat allows for comfortable airflow
- Fabric material provides excellent durability
- Quick, easy folding for storage
- Includes a cup holder, headrest, backrest, and ottoman
- It may be challenging to inflate (troubles with holding air)
- If not correctly maintained, the fabric can rot or mildew
This “mattress” truly lives up to its name, even when used out on the water! It is incredibly comfortable, inviting lake swimmers to hop on and get a few moments of relaxation while resting on the integrated pillow.
Plus, almost anyone can feel free to lounge on top of this floating mattress. Despite how lightweight it is at only 5 lbs, it can support up to 200 lbs and extends to 78″ in length! This length is perfect for accommodating both your tall and short family members and friends.
Keep in mind that although this mattress can accommodate a wide variety of lake-goers, the manufacturer specifically crafted for individuals aged 13-50 years old.
Still, some users found that the raft holds up well for pets, too! So, if you’re bringing your water-loving canine companion on your next lake trip, rest assured that they’ll be comfortable as well. Just make sure to trim those nails!
Like the rafts and tubes used in high-energy watersports, this super-sized mattress is encased in nylon fabric, ensuring the highest level of durability.
Lay back and soak up the sun on this Swimline super-sized mattress for a relaxing time on the water, assured by the float’s durability and user-friendly design.
- Can support up to 200 lbs
- Nylon and vinyl materials maximize durability
- Features an integrated pillow for added comfort
- Up to 78″ in length, so even your tallest friends can enjoy it
- It’s quite heavy when pulled out of the water and requires special handling to drain lingering water
- May be complications with the float holding air and subsequent re-inflation
Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Buyers Guide – Buying and Maintaining Your Lake Float
There is a vast range of floating chairs and loungers for lakes available on the market these days. They come in all shapes and sizes, enabling users to lay back and stretch out on the water or sit upright to chat and enjoy some refreshments as they float along.
To know what to look for when shopping for your lake floating chair and how to use it, see the tips below.
Features to Look for When Buying a Floating Chair or Lounger
There is a seemingly endless supply of floating chairs and loungers for lakes both online and in stores. With all the different designs, materials, and special features, how can you possibly know what factors are must-haves and which are bonuses?
The list of floating chair necessities below should help narrow your options:
- Air retention and inflation/deflation mechanisms: Your inflatable floating chair should come with the added assurance of retaining air. For some loungers, this means the inclusion of multiple inflatable portions (e.g., the head- and footrest rely on separate airbags). Others may have unique locking mechanisms like Aqua’s duolock.
- Comfortable, breathable fabric: Some of the most common problems people face when using and maintaining their inflatable pool gear are bacterial growth and mildew. Breathable fabrics such as mesh are ideal for preventing unwanted pathogens from gathering on the surface of your float.
- Note: On this same note, you may want to check if the float is washable as well. This will ease the burden of regular cleaning and help keep you safe from illnesses transferred from lake bacteria.
- Weight capacity: Of course, you must be sure that your chair or lounger can hold you up in the water! Most floats can support up to 200 lbs, but others like the Aqua Deluxe Pool Lounger can carry folks up to 300 lbs. Read the weight capacity closely to ensure you can use it safely.
- Portability: You’ll likely want your floating chair to be big when it’s in use but compact during transportation. So, keep an eye out for folding and storage options. For example, the Kelsyus Chaise Lounger folds into compact rings to take up as little space as possible in the car, and the Aqua hammock can be rolled up or folded hassle-free.
Aside from these necessities, there are many other special features you’ll want to keep an eye on when shopping for floating chairs and loungers. One of the most popular bonuses is a cup holder (some models have one on each side).
Others, like the Aqua Deluxe Pool Lounger, include an adjustable backrest. You can also find floats with a sunshade, like that featured in the same model.
Maintenance Tips for Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes
Cleanliness is a critical facet of your lake chair or loungers’ safety and longevity. Unfortunately, for many floats, you can’t rely on the washing machine to do all the cleaning for you. Most times, the maintenance requires a few extra steps.
Here are some things you can do to keep your chair or lounger in top shape:
- Fill a 16 oz spray bottle with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Spray the inflatable floating chair or lounger generously.
For a more thorough cleaning or to get rid of those stubborn spots, use the following tips:
- Bleach cleaning: Mix 1 tbsp of bleach into 1 gal of water. Apply a small amount of the mixture onto the soiled area on the float and let it sit for several minutes. Rinse it off and dry it thoroughly.
- Baking soda cleaning: Mix ¼ cup of baking soda with 1 gal of water. Follow the same steps listed above for the bleach cleaning alternative. In extreme cases, apply the baking soda directly to a sponge and clean the spot with that.
- Please note that this is most effective for odor removal, not for disinfecting.
You must wash your float after each use. Neglecting this step after using your pool accessories in a lake may expose you to skin, ear, respiratory, eye, or gastrointestinal problems due to lake bacteria.
Best Floating Chairs and Loungers for Lakes Comparison Chart
|Product Name||Price||Material||Size (LxW)||Unique Features|
|Kelsyus Chaise Lounger||$||Plastic||56" x 38"||Holding up to 250 pounds|
|Aqua 4-in-1 Multi-Purpose Pool Hammock||$||Vinyl & Soft Mesh||10" x 11"||Holding up to 250 pounds, best for people 4’ to 6’ tall|
|Aqua Oversized Deluxe Pool Lounger||$||Fabric||70” x 36”||Having convenient cup holder & 2 carry handles for portability|
|FindUWill Premium Swimming Pool Float Hammock||$||Vinyl||51” x 26”||Having Header Pillow-Big air bag *2 & Footer Pillow-Small air bag*2|
|Intex Floating Recliner||$||Chiffon||71” x 13”||Made with two heavy-duty handles with two cup holders.|
|Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge||$||Inflatable||60” x 39”||2 handles for stability and have repair patch|
|SwimWays Spring Float Recliner||$||Plastic||56” x 38”||Hydrate with a beverage from the convenience of your float|
|Swimline Ultimate Super-Sized Floating Mattress||$||Inflatable||78” x 34”||Having capacity of 200 pounds with feature of an integral pillow|
Inflatable chairs and loungers are essential lake accessories for a relaxing day out on the water. There is a lot to consider when buying your lounger, from the materials, to the weight capacity, air retention, and more.
Refer to this guide to ensure you’re choosing the right lounger for you and guarantee a peaceful day of sunbathing on the lake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you leave pool floats in the pool?
Pool floats should not be left in the pool overnight or for extended periods when not in use. Excessive contact with chemicals and environmental stressors (i.e., sun, wind, and heat) will break the material down more quickly. The same is true for loungers and chairs in lakes.
How do you fold a SwimWays spring float?
Follow the steps below to fold a SwimWays floating chair:
- Deflate the chair.
- Hold the chair horizontally in front of you with your hands at the 10 and 2 positions with your palms facing out.
- Bring your hands together in an upward motion. The chair will naturally fold into three rings.
How do you deflate a SwimWays spring float?
To release the air from your float, follow the steps below:
- Pull the valve out from the float to loosen the seal.
- Remove the valve cap to let the air flow freely.
- Press on the spring float if needed to allow more air to escape.