A popular trend in children’s decorating right now is a nautical theme. What better way to achieve the sea-worthy look than to add a toddler boat bed into the mix? This piece can become the focal point of your child’s room.
While there are numerous options out there for purchase, the following are the best toddler boat beds on the market right now. Are you looking for a toddler size? What about a bunk bed boat?
Look no further than the list below for toddler boat bed reviews. In addition to being a purchase that can punch up your child’s room, many of the products listed below might also serve as a transition bed, twin bed or could even be handed down to your younger children. Get ready to pull up the anchor and get your child’s room ready to set sea with any of the options from our toddler boat bed buyer’s guide.
Everything you will learn here
- Toddler Boat Beds Top Picks
- Toddler Boat Beds Buyers Guide – Knowing What to Look for
- Quality & Longevity
- The Best Toddler Boat Beds Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Toddler Boat Beds Top Picks
When shopping for a big purchase, like furniture, it’s always great to know there are other satisfied customers out there. One of the easiest ways to check out customer satisfaction is in the product reviews.
In the list below, we will be giving you several options from which you can choose. While the products are listed by number, they are in no specific ranking by number.
This toddler bed is made of a solid rubber wood design, coming with nearly all the tools you will need to put it together. The KidKraft bed comes highly recommended by previous purchasers, and your child will love to sleep in it. Following the directions carefully will be of your benefit, but customer service is right on hand to help if you have any issues.
With that in mind, it is fairly easy to put together, as the directions are simple. However, if you need that extra help, the phone numbers of customer service are right there in the directions.
While it doesn’t take up a lot of space, it does have many features that your child will enjoy.
These include portholes on the rail, a pointed bow, and other nautical elements throughout the design. Perhaps the most appealing is the pointed bow, though, because it doubles as a toy compartment.
Both aesthetically pleasing and very functional, the bed features a large amount of storage under the bow. It also has a small drawer where your child can store books, games, or toys.
- Lots of storage
- Subtle nautical theme
- Low to the ground for little ones
- Fun style and shape
- Assembly required and can be tricky
- The pieces can be a bit rough
- Some potential for manufacturing defects
- 【Cool Boat Shape Design Loft Bed】: This wood twin loft bed features a unique boat shape design, cool pirate ship loft bed frame will make any child's transition into sleeping in their own bed easy and exciting. Perfect for hours of entertainment and relaxation, the playhouse design in bright colors, makes this beds the perfect centerpiece for any child’s bedroom.
- 【Space-saving Loft Beds for Kids】: This twin size loft bed frame is low profile design, so the bunk is much lower than other bunk bed, which makes it a better/safer choice for your small kids, perfect for house with low ceiling. Beside, this wood Loft beds is ideal for space-saving needs. There’s plenty of room for user customization of the area underneath. Creates extra storage space to allow you to flexibly decorate the bedroom, where you can put a desk, chair, rug, shelf, and toys, etc.
- 【Solid Wood Boat Bed】:Our stylish low loft bed frame made of solid pine wood and artificial wood with a beautiful surface. Sturdy enough, suitable for children, without squeaking and sliding sound. The kids loft bed frame with Full-length guardrails on the upper bunk prevent accidental falls. The built-in 3-step ladder tightly attaches to the bed for easy access and wobble-free footing.
This seafaring bed features a pirate theme and fun color scheme to boot. Engaging illustrations cover the sides, headboard, and footboard. But instead of being scary-looking, the themed bed takes on a sky-blue hue that’s just right for smaller tots.
The toddler-sized bed features a lightweight design so it’s easy for parents to put together. At the same time, it incorporates a notable safety feature that toddlers need: side rails.
Even toddlers who are brand-new to big-kid beds will feel cozy in this pirate-themed sleep spot. A low profile means it’s easy to get in and out independently. And in addition to the raised sides for safety, moms and dads will like its durability. The smooth wood finish boasts a fun design, but it’s also easy to clean.
- Fun color scheme and look
- Side rails for safety
- Non-intimidating design for new solo sleepers
- MDF wood isn’t the most durable material
- Manufacturer recommended age limit is 15 months
- Not much room to grow weight-wise
- Frame Materials: Solid Wood & Wood Veneers, Wood Finish: White, Oak and Navy Blue
- Vintage speedboat profile twin size bed; Roll-out twin size trundle; Two-storage drawers underneath trundle
- Concealed storage compartment at front deck of boat; Crafted of solid wood and wood veneers frames
The name only suggests a vague boat shape, but this twin-size trundle bed delivers on more than that. The boat-shaped foot of the bed features a deck surface that flips up to reveal storage space. It’s a handy spot for your little one’s bedtime essentials, too, doubling as a bedside table.
Its design may not be as trim as other children’s beds, but this one features a roll-out trundle plus drawers for storage. From extra sleeping space to a spot to stow clothing or toys, you can’t beat the functionality of this boat bed. The design is also ideal for parents of multiples, or parents who prefer to sleep near their toddlers during the transition to a big-kid bed.
During the day, the bed serves as a great spot to play, with its fun nautical paint job, complete with an anchor on the bow.
- Functional design
- Storage space in the bow
- Under-bed trundle
- Storage space under trundle
- A bit bulky
- May be too high for toddlers
- Tough to assemble
Although not stated in the name of the bed, this bed really does look like a boat! The ACME Neptune II is made of solid wood and manufactured wood and accommodates a standard twin mattress. The nautical theme of this bed will enchant your child while also giving them plenty of room to store books, toys, and anything else they need for a seafaring adventure.
Slats are included with this model, and therefore, no box springs are necessary. The boat-shaped bed includes spacious compartments on both the headboard and footboard. These bookshelves can fit your toddler’s favorite books about the sea, but you can also expand the storage space. The bed can accommodate drawers underneath, though those are sold separately.
While assembly is required, this bed will accommodate your child for a long time. An impressive weight limit of 300 pounds means this bed will be the star of your little one’s bedroom (and play time) for years.
- Twin size for bigger/older kids
- No box spring required
- Built-in bookshelves
- Solid construction
- Drawers sold separately
- A bit bulky for small rooms
- Maybe a bit intimidating for toddlers at first
- Finish: Oak & White
- Material: Malaysian Hardwood & Rubber Wood (Solid), MDF & LVL
- Box Spring Not Reqired
Its name doesn’t reveal much, but the ACME bed might be your child’s new favorite sleep spot and play area. True, the bed is bunk-style, so it’s meant for two sleepers (perhaps ones older than toddler age).
But if your toddler prefers to sleep on the lower bunk, the upper bunk makes a fun daytime play area. Either way, the porthole-shaped cutouts complete with ship steering wheel frames make this bed look positively sea-ready.
Even the top bunk’s railing has a pirate ship vibe, and the ladder looks like something straight off an ocean liner. No roughing it on the high seas here, of course; the bed features engineered wood and veneer, so it looks clean and feels smooth.
If you’re looking for a space-saving design for a toddler plus an older child, or just want a bunk for its versatility, this ship wheel-style set may be the perfect fit.
- Porthole cutouts are a unique design element
- Accommodates two kids
- Grows with your child(ren) to 150 pounds per bunk
- May be intimidating for a toddler, height-wise
- Takes up a lot of space
- Tough and heavy to assemble
- Contains one Twin Size Bed only
- 1 sleek shelf in the headboard
- Boat shape design
A two-tone blue color scheme and boat-shaped frame make this bed a solid choice for parents of toddlers. It’s a bit higher off the ground than some toddler beds, but this one also features a tuckaway trundle for versatility.
Your little one will love the built-in shelves in the headboard (perfect for storing stuffed animals), while the footbard incorporates the ship theme even more with a bow-shaped shelf. Room for books or any other must-haves means this sleep solution is excellent for playtime, too.
The colors are the highlight, but there’s not much beyond the shape of the footboard to hint that this vessel is sea-ready. Still, children will think of waves when they look at the bed itself, so sleeping in it will be a delight.
- Fun paint scheme adds to the theme
- Plenty of storage shelves
- Trundle bed for versatility
- A bit higher than other toddler beds
- Tough to assemble
- No side rails
7. DIY Toddler Boat Bed with Dream on Me Brookside Toddler Bed
- MAKE TRANSITION TIME EASY: The Brookside Toddler Bed comes with a convenient low-to-floor design making it easy for your child to get in and out of bed. Two wooden side safety rails make the bed more secure as do the center legs, ensuring stability
- MODERN DESIGN: The Brookside’s clean lines and contemporary frame design makes it an ideal fit for any design theme. Built of New Zealand pinewood, it is easy to assemble, and is a durable and sturdy piece of furniture
- SAFETY GUARANTEED: Safety is our topmost priority and the Brookside is no exception. It is JPMA certified and is tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
Parents shopping for a toddler boat bed may find that the choices can be limiting. But if your little one is a fan of the deep blue sea, there’s one more solution that can meet your needs and fulfill their decor dreams. Step one involves the Dream on Me Brookside toddler bed, either in royal blue, dusty blue, or sky blue.
With this basic and reliable toddler bed, complete with partial side rails, you can start designing the perfect sea-themed bed for your little one. Then, take all or some of these steps:
- Add a wooden ship wheel and wood anchor as decor for the bed frame.
- Drape a fishing net over the headboard or use it as a wall feature.
- Mount or position boat-shaped shelves as bedside storage.
- Set a pirate chest-themed toy box at the foot of the bed.
If none of the above toddler boat beds struck you or your child’s fancy, going the DIY route with a reliable toddler bed as the base could be the perfect custom solution.
(Want to increase their fun time on beach? We have an article of Best Toddler Fish Games to play on boat and beach)
Toddler Boat Beds Buyers Guide – Knowing What to Look for
One of the first things to consider when shopping for the best toddler boat beds is the type of bed you want. But there’s more to it than that. You’ll want to consider the overall features, quality, longevity, and more.
Size is your first port of call when it comes to buying a toddler boat bed. Depending on your child’s age, ability level, and overall independence, you may have an idea of what type of bed will best suit them.
Standard-size toddler beds, for example, are often ideal for younger toddlers who are moving from a crib to their own bed. The maximum age range for these models tends to be three or four years, based on height and weight.
In contrast, choosing a twin size bed may mean it lasts longer. But some toddlers will be reluctant to sleep in such a big bed all alone. Take your child’s lead on this one, and think about their current size and sleep habits before settling on a toddler mattress versus twin-size bunk.
(Are you looking variety for Infants? Read our article on Best Baby Beach Beds)
What is important to you when purchasing a boat bed for your child? Consider the available and most desirable features for your little one’s big-kid bed. Most toddler beds come with side rails, but some do not. Determine whether that’s a must for you, or if an add-on railing will provide peace of mind regardless.
You’ll also want to consider features like storage, such as built-in shelving. Trundle beds are also a common option for twin-size kids’ beds, while toddler beds will have size and space limits.
Features like fun boat themed elements are another potential perk. Think about whether a bow-shaped shelf, ship wheel-style cutout, or nautical paint job will entice your toddler to not only lie down for bed, but also stay put throughout the night.
Quality & Longevity
A boat bed is a fun addition to your toddler’s room, but it will have limitations. For example, many toddler beds only accept a limited weight limit. In that case, you can expect your child’s bed to last a few years at most.
In contrast, twin-size beds often offer greater longevity because they aim to accommodate kids up to teenagers. Think about the combination of quality and longevity you anticipate before buying a bed that may wind up becoming obsolete in a year or two.
The Best Toddler Boat Beds Comparison Chart
|Product||Price||Size (L x W x H)||Recommended age||Unique Features|
|KidKraft Boat Toddler Bed||$$$||72" x 32" x 20"||2 - 7 years||Lots of storage, subtle nautical theme, low to the ground for little ones|
|Bebe Style Wooden Pirate Bed||$$$||5" x 5" x 5"||1 - 2 Years||Fun color scheme and look, side rails for safety|
|Furniture of America Youth Boat Bed||$$$||104" x 41" x 43"||1 - 6 years||Functional design, storage space in the bow, under-bed trundle|
|ACME Furniture Neptune II Platform Bed||$$$||109" x 41" x 38"||1 - 5 Years||Twin size for bigger/older kids, no box spring required|
|ACME Furniture Bed||$$$||86" x 57" x 56"||1 - 4 Years||Accommodates two kids|
|Benjara Modern Style Wood Bed||$$$||82" x 60" x 66"||1 - 5 years||Fun paint scheme adds to the theme, plenty of storage shelves|
|DIY Toddler Boat Bed with Dream on Me Brookside Toddler Bed||$||53" x 29" x 28"||1 - 4 years||Reliable, adds a wooden ship wheel and wood anchor|
Clearly, there is a lot to consider before making an expensive purchase, such as a toddler boat bed. As consumers, we want to buy the best rated products and get a bang for our buck. The list above should give you plenty of options for your child to set sail to sleep.
While all have different features, the nautical theme is evident in each of the models and should suit your child’s bedroom decor perfectly. When it comes to dropping the anchor on a boat bed purchase, rest assured that any model you pick from this best toddler boat bed list will be a hit.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API