As much as you would like to enjoy your time on those sandy beaches and turquoise waters, you want to make sure that your baby is not just tagging along but also comfortable and enjoying the beach with the rest of the family. To that end, finding the best beach bed for your baby is crucial when traveling with your little one.
All in all, today’s technology and craftsmanship should be able to make the best beach bed for your baby that is indispensable for your needs as a parent as well as provide the most incredible comfort for your little bundle of joy. Let’s look at some top baby beach bed reviews and recommendations before you hit the beach.
There are some other alternatives to protect your baby from the sun on the beach. Pick on of our best baby beach hats to have your little one always protected.
You might also want to consider one of our best baby beach tents when you are on the beach. If you want to join your baby for cuddling our picks of the best beach tents for families are sure worth a look.
Everything you will learn here
- The Best Baby Beach Bed Reviews (Top Picks Updated 2023)
- 1. Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed with Safety Bumpers [4-Sided]
- 2. Babymoov Babyni Playpen & Napper
- 3. Sunba Youth Baby Tent, Portable Baby Travel Bed – Best Baby Beach Bed overall
- 4. Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent – Best Baby Beach Bed for strong UV protection
- 5. Joovy Gloo Infant Travel Bed
- 6. Tetiny Pop Large Baby Beach Tent, Portable Baby Travel Tent – Best Baby beach bed on a budget
- 7. Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome
- Best Baby Beach Bed Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Right Option
- Child’s Age (and Size) matters when choosing the best baby beach bed
- UV Protection is crucial when considering which one is the best baby beach bed
- Ventilation is important to choose the best baby beach bed
- Sturdiness is another factor to consider when choising the best baby beach bed
- Ease of Assembly is a Feature where our best baby beach bed ticks the box
- Compact and Lightweight
- Easy to Clean
- Best Baby Beach Bed (Bed for Beach) Comparison Chart
- Best baby beach bed:Wrap Up
The Best Baby Beach Bed Reviews (Top Picks Updated 2023)
While we’d love to bring a portable bed, the thing nowadays seems to be a pop-up beach tent and inflatable beds for toddlers 12 to 36 months old. The product reviews are in no particular order (although we will use a numbered list, the numbers are not a ranking).
- HOME, GRANDMA'S, CAMPING OR VACATION - hiccapop's travel toddler bed is for modern families on the go. The Original hiccapop inflatable toddler bed is lightweight, portable and offers a LIFETIME guarantee. XL travel bag & electric turbo pump included.
- ONLY 4-BUMPER KIDS TRAVEL BED - UNMATCHED QUALITY & DURABILITY - 4-bumper protection for maximum safety. hiccapop’s inlay-enforced vinyl is 40% thicker than its nearest competitor, making it virtually puncture-proof. Reinforced weld-seams and a heavy duty air valve insure against air leakage. And our velvet flocked mattress is the smoothest in its class, so your little one can sleep more soundly.
- TRANSITIONAL BED - Kids cannot sleep in adult beds before they are 24 months old, yet most outgrow a crib at 18 months. So what do you do during those awkward 6 months? The hiccapop kids air mattress is the perfect solution for those “tween times” that every parent dreads. And when you’re done, use it for overnighters with friends, or better yet, your next little hiccapopper!
This is a great option for young toddlers, from 12 to 36 months old but not infants, especially if you decide to bring a tent for the whole family creating enough shade for everybody, including your little one. The inflatable toddler bed is lightweight, portable, and offers a LIFETIME guarantee. It comes with a travel bag and a high-speed electric pump that inflates and deflates the bed in less than 30 seconds. Perfect for sleepovers, vacations, camping, and more.
It has four rail bumpers for protection and to ensure maximum safety while your little one sleeps. It is most definitely built to last with extra-thick vinyl making it puncture-proof. It weighs about 8 pounds, and the product dimensions are 62 x 39 x 12 inches. The velvet flocked mattress is smooth and helps your little one sleep more comfortably. It feets all standard crib sheets and blankets.
- Easy to set up
- A bit heavier for travel
- Requires shade
- Not ideal for infants
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: Playard, activity center and portable bassinet, gives baby the fun and comfort of home, while out at the beach, park or just the backyard. 100% polyester
- ULTIMATE SAFETY AND COMFORT: The dome tent material has an anti-UV rating of 50+ keeping your child's skin protected from 99% of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The tent canopy blocks sand, wind and also features a mosquito net built for the outdoors.
- EASY TO USE POP-UP SYSTEM: Canopy tent folds and unfolds in seconds. Portable and lightweight (2.75lbs), place the Babyni in its included carrying bag for easy transport when you and baby are on the go
Babyni is a multi-functional playpen providing comfort at home, while out at the beach, park, or even the backyard. It is made of 100% polyester. The easy to assemble and disassemble pop-up system makes it ideal when traveling or on vacation. It comes with a comfy removable mattress, pull-down canopy, and six toys, while three are removable.
A built-in mosquito net with zipper and Anti-UV coating 50+ blocking 99% of UV- A and UV- B rays make this playpen an excellent option. It comes in two sizes, medium, and extra-large. Its dimensions are 37 x 37 x 24 inches, and it weighs only 12.8 ounces.
- Infants only
- Difficult to fold to its original shape
3. Sunba Youth Baby Tent, Portable Baby Travel Bed – Best Baby Beach Bed overall
- [Design Concept]: Our Baby beach tent is designed for children under 3 years of age. At the bottom of the mini pool can allow baby play in the water with the baby tent. instead of go to the seaside, parents can have extra time to enjoy the beach trip.
- [UV Protection]: 50+UPF baby play tents.Special silver coated fabric ensures UV protection, better protect baby from the sun's harmful rays.
- [Convenient]: Automatic pop up; Light; Easy carry with a bag; Detachable sun shade is designed for your baby. The infant sun shelters can be used as indoor play tent for babies.
What’s interesting about this tent is that it is a pop-up tent and doesn’t require you to set anything up. This tent will pop up in about 3 seconds with no assembly required and is made of certified high-quality, eco-friendly, and non-toxic material. This baby travel bed is small to pack and will most definitely fit in your suitcase, making it very convenient when flying. It will keep your baby out of the sun by creating enough shade with the perfect UV rating of 50+.
This tent is perfect for infants as well toddlers. You can also fit in more than one baby in this tent. It is the perfect place to play and nap because there is tons of space inside. The size after set up is 53 x 35 x 24 inches. (L x W x H). It comes with a carry bag, and it weighs 1.4 lbs. It also comes with a mosquito net keeping the bugs and sand away on the beach. Make sure to bring a little fan if you are chasing hot tropical sunsets in the Caribbean.
Our pick for the Best Baby Beach Bed overall comes with the following Pros and Cons:
- Easy to assemble
- UV rating of 50+
- Holds well in strong winds
- Hard to fold to its original shape
- It can get hot in blazing hot weather
4. Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent – Best Baby Beach Bed for strong UV protection
- LARGE PLAYSHADE: This large tent (39" L x 35" W x 33" H) creates the perfect play area for your baby while ensuring he or she is protected from sun, wind and other elements.
- FOLD AND UNFOLD IN SECONDS: Smart pop-up system makes it very easy to unfold and put back into its carrying case when traveling.
- STRONG UV PROTECTION: the tent material has an anti-UV rating of 50 UPF keeping your child's skin protected from 99% of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The material also helps to block wind and sand.
Another easy pop-up system for travel, is the Babymoov Anti-UV V Beach tent, perfect for your little munchkin. This tent has a large play shade creating the perfect space for both play and rest. It protects your baby against up to 99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays. It has a built-in mosquito net and ventilated meshes for more airflow.
It’s ultra-light and comes with its own carry bag for easy transportation. The tent canopy blocks not only the sun but also sand and wind. Product dimensions are 39 x 35 x 33 inches. It is perfect for all ages 0+ to young children.
Our pick for the Best Baby Beach Bed with strong UV-Protection comes with the following Pros and Cons:
- Offers good UV protection
- Easy assembly
- Large play area for toddlers
- Good ventilation
- Hard to fold to its original shape
- Little privacy with newborns
- Not wind-proof
When we updated the article, we noticed, that this product is currently not available.
A self-inflating portable travel bed that easily pops open that can be used both indoors and outdoors. It is tested and approved for children from 6 months to 5 years old. What makes this travel bed great is its strong resistance to dew, bugs, and harmful sun rays, offering UPF 50 protection.
It comes with a carrying bag, making it easy to bring this on the go. This travel bed comes in six different colors and two different sizes to accommodate babies and kids from 0+ to age 5. The larger size has a two-layer mesh and fabric shade opening. The regular size only has a zipper mesh opening, but they both include the pop-up tent, a washable cover sheet, a self-inflating mattress, and a carry bag. Product dimensions are 51.5 x 28 x 24.4 inches.
We liked the very fine mesh of this tent and thus considered including it in our list of the best baby beach bed.
- Ultrafine breathable mesh panels
- Darken space for naps
- Free of flame-retardant chemicals
- One size doesn’t feature dual-layers/fabric shade
6. Tetiny Pop Large Baby Beach Tent, Portable Baby Travel Tent – Best Baby beach bed on a budget
- 【Safe Material】 - Designed for baby beach shading. Made of certificated high quality material, 100% eco-friendly, safety and health for baby is always top priority.
- 【UV Shelter】 - The special UV coating to the full coverage ensures the best Anti-UV effect. The UV rating of 50+ (UPF 50+) protects the baby skin from the sun rays and keeps it cool for baby to play inside.
- 【Lightweight】- Weighing in at just under a pound and packing size within 35cm circle that can be put in a 16 inch suitcase or travel bags ,over the age of 7 can fold it very easy only take it 3 seconds very quick.
Don’t let the modest price of this one scare you away. Tetiny Pop portable baby tents are perfect for the beach. The material used to make this tent is nylon. Product dimensions are 41.34 x 25.59 x 19.69 inches. (L x W x H). Made of 190T special silver-coated UV protection waterproof fabric, certified non-toxic, lead-free, and baby-safe material.
It comes with one storage bag, two plastic nails to hold the tent secure, so you don’t have to worry about the beach tent getting blown away from strong winds. It’s super light weighing about 0.9 lbs, making it very useful for the beach.
Our pick for the Best Baby Beach Bed on a budget comes with the following Pros and Cons:
- Small investment
- Easy to carry
- Made with non-toxic materials
- Suitable for infants and younger toddlers only
- No padding inside
- Not stable enough
- 2-in-1 portable infant play space and napping spot, perfect for at home or travel with your baby
- Dome can be used indoors or out
- Gray canopy protects your baby from the sun's rays (UPF 20) and netting keeps the bugs out
This is the perfect portable baby play space and napping spot. It comes in four different colors and two removable toys. It’s made from plastic, and its product dimensions are 31.5 x 30 x 28 inches. Although it requires assembly and a bit on the heavier side, weighing around 13 pounds does not require any set-up tools. It comes with a soft wipeable pad and a machine-washable sheet.
The canopy provides UPF 20 protection and folds flat with easy-carry handles so you can grab and go. You can use the dome both indoors and outdoors, making it more usable and handy. It is also made with netting to keep the bugs out.
- Easy to store
- Good airflow
- Requires initial assembly
- Material may attract pet hair
Best Baby Beach Bed Buyer’s Guide – Choosing the Right Option
Selecting a baby beach bed seems straightforward enough. But there are some things to consider to ensure you make the right choice for the best baby beach bed.
Child’s Age (and Size) matters when choosing the best baby beach bed
When choosing which option is right for you, you must know which tent or portable bed is right for your baby’s age. As we’ve seen in several selections above, beach beds vary in sizes and shapes. Some are good for infants up to 12 months old, toddlers from 12-36 months or older, and others are meant to fit an adult and a child.
Keep in mind the different activities at the beach based on your child’s age. You probably expect your baby to sleep through the day. In that case, you’d want a beach bed that is comfortable for sleeping and keeps your baby out of the sun and the heat.
For toddlers, you’d expect them to be a little more active. In this case, you’d want to pick a beach tent that has enough room for your child to play. You might even want an opening so they can put their feet in the sand.
Based on your child’s age and activity level, there are many different beach bed features to explore.
(Baby is growing fast and started toddling? you must read Best Toddler Boat Beds)
UV Protection is crucial when considering which one is the best baby beach bed
One of the most important factors when choosing a baby beach bed is UV protection. If you plan to head to the Caribbean next summer, then you must consider buying a beach tent that blocks both UV-A and UV-B sun rays to ensure that your little one won’t get a sunburn. For the best protection, you should make sure that the beach tent fabric is at least UPF 50.
Ventilation is important to choose the best baby beach bed
Many beach beds for babies are enclosed tents or domes to protect the baby from rolling out or sand from getting in. If the tent has poor ventilation, it can lead to overheating. Choose a beach bed that allows good air circulation so your baby can keep cool at all times. Another tip is to pick fabric with lighter colors so it doesn’t trap heat.
Sturdiness is another factor to consider when choising the best baby beach bed
Make sure the tent you choose is sturdy so it maintains its shape under strong winds at the beach. You don’t want your tent to collapse on your baby. Some beach beds have stakes that hold the tent down, which is great to keep the tent in its place with or without your baby in it. That way, you don’t have to worry about chasing after your baby’s beach bed.
Ease of Assembly is a Feature where our best baby beach bed ticks the box
Traveling with a baby is stressful enough, you don’t want to be attempting a project at the beach trying to put up your baby tent. It’s important to get one that is simple to put together and pull apart. Ideally, you’d want one with a pop-up system that does all the work for you. Most baby domes are simple to set up and can easily return to their original shape when you’re done at the beach.
Compact and Lightweight
You’d want a baby beach bed that is compact and lightweight for ease of traveling. If you’re traveling overseas on vacation, you’d want to make sure that you have enough room in your suitcase for your baby beach bed, as well as everything else. Today, most beach beds are made of pop-up systems that fold flat, making them easy to fit in a standard or large suitcase.
Having a compact baby beach bed will also make it easier to bring to and from the beach. You can choose ones with handles built in so you don’t have to set aside another bag to carry it with.
Easy to Clean
Lastly, as a parent, you should know the trouble of cleaning. With kids and babies, mess is a constant. Getting a beach bed that is easy to clean can save you time that’s probably better spent cleaning something else (let’s be honest). You should choose material that is easy to wipe or rinse, so you don’t have to worry about getting spills or wet sand out of the fabric. You could also choose beach beds that have fewer nooks and crannies to save cleaning time.
Best Baby Beach Bed (Bed for Beach) Comparison Chart
|Product Name||Price||Material||Product Size (L x W x H)||Unique Features|
|Sunba Youth Baby Tent, Portable Baby Travel Bed||$||Silver-coated Fabric||53" x 35" x 24"||Lightweight, easy to assemble|
|Babymoov Anti-UV Beach Tent||$||Tent||39" x 35" x 33"||Offers good UV protection, easy assembly|
|Joovy Gloo Infant Travel Bed||$||Polyester, Plastic, Foam||51" x 28" x 24"||Ultrafine breathable mesh panels, darken space for naps|
|FHzytg Large Baby Beach Tent, Portable Baby Travel Tent||$||Nylon||150" x 65" x 50"||Small investment, easy to carry|
|Hiccapop Inflatable Toddler Travel Bed with Safety Bumpers [4-Sided]||$||Vinyl||62" x 39" x 12"||Easy to set up, durable, safe|
|Babymoov Babyni Playpen & Napper||$||Polyester||37" x 37" x 24"||Multi-functional, lightweight, safe|
|Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome||$||Plastic||31.5" x 30" x 28"||Easy to store, roomy, good airflow|
Best baby beach bed:Wrap Up
Finding the best baby beach bed for your family’s needs is crucial for enjoying a comfortable and relaxing beachside adventure. Regardless of your child’s age, size, or activity level, the right bed for the beach can keep them cozy and relaxed no matter how hot the sun or how intense the wind.
With the help of our buyer’s guide and our list of top picks, you should have no problem making a great purchase for your family adventure. Enjoy.
If you fancy to read some more to get your family ready when you go to the beach have a look on the best baby hooded beach towel. Also don’t sit in the direct sun. Our best umbrella picks for the beach are so easy to set up with the Best Beach Umbrella Anchors that you should under no circumstances risk getting sunburned.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API